This is the old forums website and will be turned into a redirect in the near future, please transfer over your posts to the new forums website.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My thoughts so far on the server
At the point of writing i so far have 18Hours on the server. I have played Gmod for more then 1000 hours and a quater+ has been spent on this game mode. The higest rank i have been is MCO and my highest staff postion has been Mod/Eplanner. So i feel i can say what i want (to a point) about the server. I as well expect critiscm about this as this is ment for discussion and to raise certain points.

Its gonna consit of 5 parts:
1. Admins And Staff
2. Events and Npcs
3. Lore
4. How jobs are ment to be
5. My Finally Thoughts
All of these talking about Negatives and some postives

1. Admins and the staff
this is probably my weakest point im going to mention cause i dont know whats happening off server and in discord and stuff. But im going to raise some fatcs that have been happening, So far i have seen some admins being very abusive of their powers to points where they will demote for disagreeing with them only due to their rank. Also, the warning system i feel should be taught better i have been warned for a reason i think was 50/50 i said the N word after a debreif which i had binded due to a server i use to play on that was based on black slaves and i agree i should have been warned but not banned. Now i say that becuase you assume im white and im not allowed to use it, However the context it was used in was not racist saying it by its self is not racist using it in a sentence to be racist fine ban them. Im not saying my warn should be removed what im saying is that events like this should not happen again. assuming things straight away and guessing can acturally make you racist guessing that every player is white and the n word is off limits is racist. Also, Certain ranks seem not able to 'Staff' Things. i've heard mods cant whitelist which i find sort of not right as the mod then can only warn and ban (Im guessing i do not know about the ban part), Secondly during the servers new map i was allowed to build however this didnt have features you really need to build such as noclip adn the ability to give myself tools like the toold gun adn pys gun which are very important to building. Continuing with the building today the new map is amazing and deffinatley and upgrade except the admins didnt help, we had to constantly ask to help build but where ignored furthermore the admins evntually got bored and started minging and just killing each other stopping progress then a CG CO tryout hapend whilst the ship was getting props placed finally when all was finished the admins had to give us the tools we needed as all the builder rank is is the prop limit removed. A quote on the whole morning of this time said later 
19:48:34 - (OOC) KG PLT VCO 1944 Thukas: TOday, every single on of the staff whereminging outside in ships and I asked for something to be perma propped and no one replied

2. Events and NPCS
this will be shorter then the last as not much is needed. So far i have apeared in 3 events ranging ok to mediocre to this is terrible when will it end. the first was on mustafar where everything seemed fine droids when we arrive and droids around and then all of a sudden we were left stranded out of the way of everything which isnt the Eplanners fault more so the pilot but then we started (we being me with the 327th VCO the whole of 501st and 212th) firing in the air to get a LAAT to come to us but then ghost squad started shooting us with dc-17 and rocket launchers one nearly killing me. the second was an event on the venator which was done during a pilot training so that was bad tiing even though we had multipule OOC chats about not starting yet. that left me outside of the ship for the whole event as none would either spawn a ship and fight me or open the HB doors. finally the last one was on kashayak it was shockingly bad from constant dis agreements to poor planning th event didnt go well and only ended due to a constant complaining from the players after having to do the same shit over and over again. NPCs as well i understand its hard to get right but having them so they are all over 1000 hp is too much droids where ment to be killed by a couple of shots not after 200 i understand the server struggled to spawn alot but evn just setting a spawner down with every 10 seconds another one spawned would be way better then having to launch a whole nuke on one. This is something that keeps popping up in every evnt 1 admin spawns like 8 all at 1000 health adn the other does about 14 with about 200 health and its really challenging going between them both. And if you want bosses just get a couple of players remodel and set HP and give them deceant weapons and let them go with simple quests.

3. Lore
i am really invested in lore and i would say i specilize in this era so i feel i can say quite a bit. I understand not everyone plays this to immerse star wars its a fact but i feel you should at least no quite a bit before being a leader/admin/fleet the fact you dont know these things should be a bit of a bad thing. You need to know what this place is and why its important. This was touched by another post on this thread but im going to talk about it anyway the use of bad models really hurts becuase you could be fight MAGMA DROIDS (The ones that protected Dooku and Grievous with electrostaffs) shooting you with e-5 blasters ones only used by B1 battledroids and many players saying 'VULTURE' when its a Hyena Bomber are really bad. Also, the fact you use certain models when here they shouldnt be used is bad most servers do have it where its the correct model with B2 and B1 droids fighting you not Mandolorians and MAGMA DROIDS.

4. Jobs
Im playing this server with a friend whose name is Ghost and at this point is a CG, so keep that in mind when im saying some things. Certain jobs feel useless when it comes to others for example 327th and 212th. 212th are just Upgraded CT they do have acces to tanks but all events ive been in they were told not to use them whihc is shocking as your taking away their special thing. 327th is ment to be a FRONT LINE BATTALION the Imperial Repeater is Perfect up close and the fact were shot at the back of any fight is shocking. Also, this is bound to come up KG and CG i find the KG should be turned into Thrawns Battalion or merge the KG and CG together into what 501st has where they have 501st and the Torrent company, with this you could have thrawns company (the other CG CO that appers in the Animated TV not the 2003 one) and add him to the server as it would really make fans like me happy and the CG be worth something instead of making them stand infront of doors. I understand KG is ment to be elite but make CG at least do something instead of standing in front of doors adn gaurding doorways, i understand its their job but My friend Ghost doesnt like its repetative ness and standing in 1 hall way or infront of 1 door gets boring real fast.

5. My final thoughts
i have to admit this is quite a good server even including said things its quite peaceful and not serious when it comes to certain things overall i have to admit it isnt like my previous communit ythat was amazing but it kinda comes cluse due to certain things but it does have its drawbacks it lacks trained staff and alot of key things that should be implomented, that is into most server and the events either need to change or start getting interesting cause so far they feel lac lustared and quite bad, with avarying degrees of succes for all. However it its good and i do look forward to see how long it lasts

- 327th CPL 2645 Richard
I agree, the staff are two faced
One time they saying the N word every sec then they just give you warn without even investigating why you said it
Also I agree with the ship minging stuff, when I came on all I could hear was pulse rifle shots when I was trying to do something
Ye but i still thought he was a better CO from hes previous experience , but i still thought you should get VCO so ye.
I haven't played the server in a while (Perm banned for "wasting an admins time") But reading through this I can agree with what I experienced months ago.
The events can at times seem really boring, I have given event ideas before but none have actually came up as far as im aware.
I can completely agree with the staff issue, they need more training and I think that the head of staff should expand the list of situations a staff can encounter.
I have had so many memories of disagreeing with a member of staff and my rank being taken away, I understand the issue and it should really be dealt with.
(07-26-2018, 01:03 PM)Queen Elizabeth the 2nd Wrote: I haven't played the server in a while (Perm banned for "wasting an admins time") But reading through this I can agree with what I experienced months ago.
The events can at times seem really boring, I have given event ideas before but none have actually came up as far as im aware.
I can completely agree with the staff issue, they need more training and I think that the head of staff should expand the list of situations a staff can encounter.
I have had so many memories of disagreeing with a member of staff and my rank being taken away, I understand the issue and it should really be dealt with.

Why'd you necro post bruv
miss the server i also got perma'd milton v angery for no reason :'(
@Ashley you should've made an unban appeal a lot sooner because all of Milton's bans are now invalid.
Consider yourself unbanned Smile
Tom.bat, Owner/Founder of PIXEL Community

[Image: cmw317l.gif]